Firefighters say a faulty sundeck barbecue is the source of a structure fire that caused $50,000 worth of damage to a Prince George home Saturday night.
Crews were called by the homeowner to a residence in the 3000 block of Poyner Crescent.
Upon arrival crews found a barbecue on fire on the rear sundeck. The fire from the barbecue had also caught the wooden sundeck and rear corner of the wooden sided home on fire.
A total of 14 fire fighters from 3 halls worked quickly to stop the fire spread into the home.
There were no injuries to any of the four occupants of the home or any crew members.