From the Robson Valley to Beaverly, approximately 12,500 public school students head back to school Wednesday morning across School District 57. Traditionally the first day of a school year is very short and 2016 will continue that tradition. Students will be expected to check into their schools and then return home shortly after.
The majority of elementary schools will open at 8:30 Wednesday morning however the schools listed below are the exceptions.
- Beaverly, Edgewood: 8:25 a.m.
- Heritage, Peden Hill: 8:35 a.m.
- Hart Highlands, Spruceland Traditional, and Morfee Elementary (Mackenzie): 8:40 a.m.
- Polaris Montessori: 8:42 a.m.
- Foothills, Glenview, Van Bien, and McBride: 8:45 a.m.
- Nuzdeh Yoh: 9:00 a.m.
The start time for secondary schools vary and are listed below:
- College Heights Secondary – 9:00am
- D.P. Todd Secondary – 8:45am
- Duchess Park Secondary – 8:50am
- Kelly Road Secondary – 8:35am
- Prince George Secondary – 8:45am
- McBride Secondary – 8:30am
- Valemount Secondary – 8:40am
- Mackenzie Secondary – Gr. 8 8:40am – Gr. 9-12 – 10:40am
Parents can double check start times by visiting their school’s individual website. Many schools also have a list of supplies that students will require over the course of the school year. Buses will be running to take children to school and then back home again. Parents can contact Diversified Transportation directly at 250-563-5431 for bussing information.