Prince George RCMP say Break and Enters in the city remain high despite their efforts of targeted enforcement of prolific offenders.
Mounties say overall break-ins are up 20 percent between January 1st and August 4th of this year compared to the same time frame as last year.
There were 209 business break-ins compared to 161 last year.
Residential break ins saw a slight increase of 7 percent from 180 in 2016 to 192 so far in 2017.
There has been a 32 percent increase to sheds and other properties in 2017.
Police are encouraging all property owners to acquire quality video surveillance and take the necessary steps to secure and protect their property.
· Record serial numbers or engrave your driver’s license number on valuables;
· Take pictures of property
· Report suspicious activity
· Get to know your neighbours and keep an eye on their property;
· Use security systems, cameras and other deterrents;