The Cariboo Regional District has issued an Evacuation Alert for the northwest side of Quesnel Lake.
Residents must be prepared to evacuate premises or property should wildfire conditions worsen. They will be given as much advance notice as possible in the event of an evacuation.
If an evacuation is ordered, the evacuation route will be by water or by Spanish Lake Road.
Upon notification of an ALERT, you should be prepared for an evacuation order by:
- Having a plan to transport all family members or co-workers outside of the area
- Keeping essential items available for a quick departure; including medications, valuable papers (i.e. insurance), immediate care needs for dependents
- Ensuring that pets and livestock remain in a safe area
- Ensuring that you have accommodation options if possible
- Monitoring reliable news sources for evacuation order information